New functionalities & improvements
New: Cumulocity can interface with LoRa devices through “Actility's ThingPark Wireless”. You can:
- Provision and deprovision LoRa devices easily using the Cumulocity Device Management. No interaction in the ThingPark user interface is required.
- Decode upstream payload packets using a web-based user interface.
- Debug and post-process raw device data through Cumulocity events.
- Send downstream data to the device using Cumulocity operations.
- Make use of existing Cumulocity features with LoRa devices, for example: connectivity monitoring, device management, data visualization with dashboards, real-time analytics and more.
- Please note that, you have to be subscribed to this feature in order to use it.
The “Administration” user interface was improved in various places. The most important changes are listed below:
- Files repository view has been updated. Additionally, a new preview button has been added.
- The “Data Broker” view has been improved.
- Real-time notifications reference guide has been updated.
- Broken links in the cockpit user guide have been fixed.
- Smartrest templates have been added to the “Device Management” user guide. For more info, see here.
The numbers after the hash (#) refer to Zendesk numbers
[Cockpit] Users with the “Reader” role should not be able to save datapoints in the “Datapoint library” when they have admin permissions for one device. [#13076, #13739]
[Cockpit] Marker pop-ups on the map widget do not display any device info. [#14381]
[Administration] When no usage statistics are available “No devices found” message is shown instead of “No subtenants found”.
[Administration] It is possible to choose “Date to” date to be earlier than “Date from” date.
[Administration] When you add a long value in the tenant “External reference” the value is not truncated in the tenant list. [#14122]
[Device Management] The operations list is always empty in the device details tab.
[Device Management] In the “Simulators” menu, the names of the simulation instances are inconsistent.
Additional bug fixes:
- Mozilla Firefox browser issues have been fixed.
- The slider in the location tab should not appear when there are no values.
- The falling list in the “Data point library is not properly oriented.
- Measurements are not visible in series and XLS export when containing a dot. [#13122]
- Incorrect user guide links have been fixed. [#14123]
- The current UI/Backend version can be suppressed based on branding settings. [#14064]
- Realtime issues have been fixed in case WebSocket communication is not possible. [#14117, #14150]
- Realtime refresh is not working during device registration.
- Measurements realtime is not working properly. You need to manually refresh the page in order to show the current measurements.
- Realtime alarming is not shown.
- “Fieldbus” realtime is not working.
- The realtime websocket endpoint is not working. [#14070]
- Realtime is broken, because cep/realtime requests are still pending.